Thursday, April 24, 2003

I went to the Cubs game today with my dad. I love going to baseball games with my dad.

There was a group of old men 2 rows in front of us. But one of them refused to sit in the row with them. He was sitting in the row behind them (in front of us) in some empty seats. Eventually all the seats but one was full. He had to keep moving around. And at one point, when he was trying to get back to the row, he was blocking kids from getting into my row. I don't understand why he just didn't sit in the row with his friends. It would have made it so much easier.

In the row in front of us was a young father and his daughter, who was probably 4 or 5. She was so cute. And watching them made me want to cry. This father was just like the way my father was with me when I was little, not just taking me to baseball games, but just the way he was with me in general. There was one point toward the end of the game when there was a pitching change. "YMCA" was playing over the loudspeaker. And the father had the little girl on his lap, facing him. And he was helping her dance. He held her hands and was moving her arms around the exact same way my father used to. And when the song was over he gave her a big hug, just like my dad would have. I wanted to cry. It was so sweet. And there I was sitting with my dad, and I really wished I was little again and I could sit on his lap and he could help me dance.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home