Saturday, March 08, 2003

Walk

I had to go to Blockbuster to get some movies. Normally I go to Hollywood Video because it's closer, but last night they didn't have "Road to Perdition", so I left empty handed. Also, they only have the R-rated version of "Y Tu Mama Tambien" and not the unrated version. Amazingly enough, Blockbuster had both. The closest Blockbuster is about a 45-minute walk away. But since it's a bit nicer out today, I decided to go for it, and I'm really glad I did.

I found a few new restaurants I want to try. They are places I drive past all the time, but they're small and I never really noticed them. One is a Colombian restaurant. It's a bit pricy, but it might be fun one day. I also saw 2 Ethiopian restaurants. I had seen one before, but not the other. I looked at their menus, and they looked pretty good. I also saw the menu of a Bosnian restaurant. I'm not sure if I want to try it or not...maybe one day when I'm feeling adventerous.

I also saw a couple of cool shops. One was a shop selling Southwestern US items. They had a lot of things like pillows, clothing, jewelry, etc. I didn't get to go in because it wasn't open yet.

But the coolest thing of all was the antique mall the opened a few blocks away. There was so much stuff in there that I wanted it wasn't even funny. First, there was this art deco bedroom set consisting of a dresser with mirror, chest of drawers, night stand, and a vanity with mirror and seat...all for about $950. Some of the wood wasn't in the best condition, but it was certainly decent and very pretty. There was a London fire department coat from the 1950s that looked so warm, but it was expensive. There were all sorts of cool vintage clothing and jewelery. But the coolest thing of all, I thought, was this 1950s kitchen table and chairs. They were like that diner style...gray formica top and made of metal. Oh, so cool! The table, leaf, and 4 chairs for $250! So if anyone wants to get me something for my birthday, there you go. There was also this really funky set of dishes that was black and white. That was cool too. Geez, I could have gone crazy in the antique mall.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home