Thursday, December 26, 2002

To continue with the reviews of new things, I saw "The Lord of the Rings: The Two Towers". Wow! I loved this movie. I'm not sure if I liked the first or second film better, but it was great. I loved the way they made Gollum, and the scene where he talks to himself is brilliant. The effects were great, of course. However, in this film probably more so than "Fellowship", I think that having read the book before seeing the movie is beneficial. You can enjoy the movie without having read the book, of course, but there are some things in the movie that will make more sense or won't require as much thought or piecing together if you read the book first.

I watched the video "Into the Woods" with the original Broadway cast. What a cute little musical! It combines the stories of several fairy tales (Cinderella, Rapunzel, Little Red Riding Hood, Jack and the Beanstalk, etc.) into one cohesive story. The music is quite good as well.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home