Sunday, November 10, 2002

Bloody Sunday
I saw this movie yesterday afternoon. I love the way this movie was made. It was shot using handheld cameras, so it was rough in places. It looked much more like a documentary than a film, in that sometimes views were obstructed and such.

As for the film itself, since I don't know a lot of the history about what happened that day. I'm not sure how well the film captured that. But it was very, very sad. I can't even begin to imagine living in Derry at that time. I had to try really hard not to sob loudly during certain scenes, as I didn't want to disturb others in the theater. You definitely don't feel good after watching this movie.

I thought the acting was great. I really liked James Nesbitt as Ivan Cooper. There is a scene in the hospital where you don't really hear him say anything. Everything you need to know about his emotions is on his face.

I think it's a shame this movie doesn't have a wider distribution. Right now only one theater in the Chicago area is showing it. Very few people I know have heard of it. Indeed, while I was at the theater, 8 Mile was sold out at the same time, but there were probably less than 20 people watching Bloody Sunday.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home