Thursday, October 31, 2002

Friday nght we're going to go see Austin Powers 3 at school for free. I guess we don't have to go, but it's free and all and we both want to see it. Today at work I got a free pair of tickets to see Art Garfunkel in concert Saturday night. That should be cool, although I don't know any of his solo stuff. As long as he sings a few Simon & Garfunkel classics I will be happy. Sunday we are going to the Garfield Park Conservatory to see the Chihuly glass exhibit. It closes on Monday, so that will be our last change. It's supposed to be really cool. I have seen some pictures online of it, and I can't wait to see it. We're doing all this over the weekend, and it will only cost $2. The movie and concert are free. It's only $2 per person to get into the conservatory.

Today is the third day in a row that I was going to buy CDs during my lunch break. Oh well. Looks like I will have to try tomorrow. Tomorrow we are having a group lunch for a woman who is going to be leaving our little group. Maybe I will take my own car and stop at Tower Records on the way back.

Speaking of Tower Records, I'm very disappointed in them. I remember when there was only one Tower Records store in the Chicago area. It was one of the coolest places. We would all drive in from the suburbs to go there because they had different and interesting books and magazines and featured CDs from bands you never heard of. Now there are several Tower Records stores in the Chicago area, including the suburbs. The one in the suburbs is a couple of miles from my office. I went in there a month or two ago and was very disappointed. It's big, but not as big as the one in the city. They didn't seem to have quite the selection, either. They did have some cool stuff, but it's just not the same. I might be going back tomorrow, however, because it's the only decent music store close to work. There are several CDs I want to get, and I don't want to keep waiting to get them. Of course, I guess I could just wait until Saturday to go to the *real* Tower Records on Clark.

I got a few new CDs from BMG this week. First is "Room For Squares" by John Mayer. I like it. It's good to work to. I don't think I could really listen to it in the car as it's a bit too mellow for my driving taste. But it's good. Second is the Hoobastank CD. Parts of it aren't bad. There are a few other good songs, other than the ones released as singles. Some of it sounds a bit like Incubus. Although it's good, it's probably my least favorite of the three. That's not bad, though. Finally, "Maladroit" by Weezer. I really like this album! It's definitely my favorite of the three. So good! A few of the songs are a bit more mature sounding. It's interesting to hear how they have evolved that way. But there are still some really fun, catchy songs on there.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home