Tuesday, July 28, 2009

When it rains, it pours

My concert calendar seems to go in cycles. There are times, particularly from January through early March, when few bands I want to see come to town. On the other hand, there are times where it seems as if every week there are 20938201 shows I want to buy tickets for.

Right now, for me, it's the latter.

In the past two weeks, I bought tickets to see Moby, The Jesus Lizard, and Placebo. I also have several shows on the "see what my schedule looks like and if tickets are still available the week of the show" list, including Maximo Park, Dinosaur Jr., and Phoenix.

Today I found out that the Manic Street Preachers are going to do their first show in Chicago in 10 years, Bruce Springsteen is coming and will perform the Born to Run album, and the Pixies are coming to town and will be performing the Doolittle album.

Why is this happening all at once? I'm having the hardest time prioritizing these shows.

5 Comments:

Blogger Marissa said...

I know what you mean, exactly. this week alone has made my bank account hate me with all of the shows popping up. i'm excited though, lots of fun shows on the way! :)

8:25 PM  
Blogger Shannon said...

And that, my friend is your personal version of "cup runneth over." :)

8:41 PM  
Blogger redhairedgirl said...

Marissa - I know! I really can't go to all of these, though. I'm secretly hoping Maximo Park and Phoenix work out.

Shannon - I guess I should be happy I have so much choice, but I want to see them all!!!

8:48 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Bruce. Still have the original record I bought when it came out. Dino Jr., love them. Just starting to like Phoenix. Too many other things going on. Probably an 0 for 3 for me on just these and I'm sure I'll regret it.

12:09 AM  
Blogger rhondapalooza said...

Ugh. I HATE it when that happens! It's absolute torture trying to sort it all out. :-/

9:27 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home