Thursday, June 18, 2009

The schedule is out!

Main gate

So the schedule is out. I am a bit sad about a few conflicts, but it could have been much, much worse. I think I will have an easy time sorting out the conflicts I have, unlike Coachella, which was much more difficult for me. I say this now, though. As time goes on and I analyze the schedule more closely, and as I get to know some of the artists better than I currently do, it will probably become worse for me.

April Smith vs. Hockey: I like what I have heard of April Smith, but how do I, of all people, miss a band called Hockey?

White Lies vs. The Gaslight Anthem: Okay, I think this will be an easy one to decide, but it makes me sad. I love The Gaslight Anthem at Coachella, and I would love to see them again. But I also love White Lies, and I have not seen them before. I really wanted to see them at Coachella, but I was watching Conor Oberst, preparing to make a power play before Leonard Cohen. So, likely, White Lies it is. But still, sad.

Fleet Foxes vs. Crystal Castles: Evil. I've been wanting to see both bands. For logistical purposes I think I will end up seeing Crystal Castles. That and the fact that I generally don't like seeing quiet artists on big stages at festivals. But this one is tough.

The Decemberists vs. Thievery Corporation: This one seems like another easy decision that will ultimately leave me sad. I've seen Thievery Corporation twice, but I've never seen The Decemberists, so it seems like a no brainer. However, in my eyes there are two ways to do a Thievery Corporation set. 1. Sit at the back, chill, and take it in. 2. Dance your bum off. I've done the former twice, and think the latter might be fun. Sad.

Kings of Leon vs. Depeche Mode: Again, another easy decision that leaves me a bit sad. Like Kings of Leon a lot, and I've never seen them. Love Depeche Mode, saw them about 10 years ago. Likely I will be at Depeche Mode.

Santigold vs. Glasvegas: Another easy decision that will leave me sad. I've been wanting to see Santigold for a while, but I love Glasvegas. I got to the front of the stage at Coachella only to be told that Glasvegas canceled, and they were one of the bands I wanted to see most that weekend. Likely, Glasvegas it is. This is my only real big conflict on Saturday. So far.

Bat for Lashes vs. Portugal. The Man: I really like both. This one will be tough.

The Raveonettes vs. Dan Deacon: Man, I don't know. I haven't seen The Raveonettes, but, dude, Dan Deacon! He's awesome. And then there's Gang Gang Dance, who I'm not really familiar with, but I've heard good things. I don't know.

Dan Auerbach vs. Cold War Kids: This may be a tough call, but I don't think I'll be too upset to miss either one. Passion Pit may enter the mix as well. I'm thinking this might be a time to wander to see a bit of both.

For the most part, the headliners aren't a big problem for me, mainly because I'm not overly excited about any of them. I'll be happy to see the ones I will see, but I'm not excited about them as I have been in previous years.

3 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

I agree with your Fleet logic (slow not good live concert) but never have heard Crystal. Prob will check out before hand.

Ever hear Sam Roberts. Like Them Kids but haven't heard anything else by him.

10:52 AM  
Blogger redhairedgirl said...

I have not heard Sam Roberts's music. I plan on checking it out sometime in the next couple of weeks.

6:37 AM  
Blogger redhairedgirl said...

I have not heard Sam Roberts's music. I plan on checking it out sometime in the next couple of weeks.

6:37 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home