Monday, January 07, 2008

Linkage

I found this article on Chi-Town Daily News about the musicians who perform in Chicago's subway stations.

This article got me thinking about the musicians I encounter while waiting for trains. Generally they are there when I'm on my way home, right by the staircase I take down to the platform. I must say that musicians I hear regularly are quite enjoyable. Sometimes there is a man singing and playing and acoustic guitar. He's there the most often. Sometimes it's a woman playing a traditional Chinese instrument (I don't know the name of it). Every once in a while, though, there's a really good violinist. Sometimes I even turn off my iPod to listen to them. People who know me well know how shocking that is. I've never dropped change into their cases. Perhaps I should think about doing that more often.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home