Saturday, January 05, 2008

No go shows

Winter is generally a slow concert time in Chicago. I can't really blame artists, I wouldn't want to be touring through the northern part of the United States in January and February. A few brave souls do, however, and with the money crunch before and after the holidays, I'm not seeing any of them.

I keep entering contests to no avail. Apparently all the luck I had in October means no luck in the winter. I've not managed to come into money that I feel I can spend on concert tickets. This makes me very sad. So, if I had money, here's what I would be seeing. Most of these aren't must-see artists for me, but I'd still like to see them. Instead I'll be sitting home, writing my dissertation, knitting socks, and watching sports on TV.

1/5 Dresden Dolls - Vic
1/9 Company of Thieves - Schubas
1/11 The Bird and the Bee - Schubas
1/18 Rhymefest - Metro
1/24 Velvet Revolver - Riviera
1/25 Editors - Vic
1/26 Dan Deacon and Girl Talk - Metro
2/2 Buffalo Tom - Double Door
2/8 Yeasayer/MGMT - Schubas
2/10 Cat Power - Vic
2/16 Super Furry Animals - Metro
2/23 New York Dolls - Double Door
2/23 St. Vincent - Schubas
2/23 The A-Sides - Subterranean
3/1 Black Lips - Logan Square Auditorium
3/5 The Pogues - Riviera
3/6 The Pogues - Riviera
3/12 Dropkick Murphys - Congress Theater
3/17 Jose Gonzalez - Lakeshore Theater
3/17 Simian Mobile Disco - Sonotheque
3/18 Cocorosie - Metro
3/18 The Raveonettes - Double Door
3/31 Jens Lekman - Logan Square Auditorium
4/3 Dirty Projectors - Subterranean
4/18 Reverend Horton Heat - Metro

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home