Tuesday, November 25, 2003

It was so nice to get out today. I didn't leave my building yesterday trying to get over my cold. I didn't work out because my nose was running all over the place, and I knew for sure that snot would be all over my face.

Today the sun is shining. It's cold, but not real cold, and in my new warm coat walking outside is comfortable. I got to go out at lunchtime to get stamps and my salad. So nice.

I don't think I have appreciated a normal day in so long. I mean, I appreciate the days where I have nothing to do but rest, or have fun things planned. But this is just a normal day. I will work all day. I will come home, work out (I can't wait...it's been almost a week and I'm starting to feel sluggish), study, and work on some other stuff. Nothing big. But I guess it's nice because it's a normal day.

And when you're sick, you want normal days. It sucks when you want to study, which you think you can because it doesn't involve much physical exertion, but you can't because reading makes your head hurt. There goes studying, reading a novel, and reading a magazine right out the window. I couldn't get through more than 2 pages of "Return of the King" without wanting to close my eyes. Concentration is bad too. Friday night when Tim was over I was in the mood to watch nothing, even movies I liked. It was weird.

I wasn't really sick. Only a little cold. But it's amazing how a little cold can make easy things annoying and tough, and make you really crabby. So even though I feel better physically today, I feel so much better psychologically today.

The best part about yesterday was watching "Bend It Like Beckham". If you haven't seen it, you must. Very good. I want to watch it again and again. I loved the music, and I even thought the Mel C and Victoria Beckham songs weren't horrible.

Speaking of which, why did I watch Spice Girls Behind the Music on Sunday? I also watched Brittney Spears. Why? See what I mean about being physically sick and feeling just as bad psychologically? Thank goodness my cold was in my head, because had it been a chest cold there would have been no excuse.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home