Tuesday, June 12, 2007

Now I have to be the decider

The Lollapalooza schedule is now out. I have just under two months to decide who I want to see. This is going to be tough!

First thing's first. My greatest fear was that Muse and Iggy and the Stooges would be on stage at the same time. Outside of Pearl Jam, these are the two bands I'm most excited about seeing. There was no way I was going to be able to pick between them, and now I don't have to because Muse plays on Saturday and Iggy and the Stooges play on Sunday. Hooray!!! I was looking foward to seeing Interpol, but not enough to choose them over Muse. There are a few tough calls for me, however.

MIA or Silversun Pickups? They only overlap by a half hour, so I could catch the first half of MIA's set and the second half of Silversun Pickups' set. Hmmm.

G. Love & Special Sauce or Blonde Redhead?

Pete Yorn or Tapes 'n Tapes?

Paolo Nutini or Blue October?

!!! or Peter Bjorn and John? I'm leaning toward Peter Bjorn and John, but so far only by a hair.

My Morning Jacket or Modest Mouse? I'm leaning toward Modest Mouse, but again, I could go either way.

I think that if Tim feels strongly about seeing one of these bands I will use that to break the tie. Or maybe I just need to spend a whole weekend only listening to the artists I can't decide between.

I'm so excited though. EEEeeeeeeeeeee!

Edited to add: Apparently I missed the only true "Oh my gosh who do I choose?" scenario that may actually cause me disappointment. Snow Patrol or Yeah Yeah Yeahs? Ugh.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

It's funny reading about "conflicts" because everyone is so varied in who they are dieing to see and who they could care less about. I love Silverspun but love Rapture even more!

12:53 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home