Friday, June 01, 2007

Grease is the word

Last night my friends and I went to the Music Box Theatre to see Sing-Along Grease. I have to admit that I have loved the movie Grease since I was a little girl, so I knew I would love it. The host got us warmed up by singing a little, the organist was dressed in drag, and there was a costume contest where the winner was a woman dressed as Kenicke with a bun in the oven! We were given little bags when we entered the theater with things we were supposed to use during the film (I won't say what they were in case someone is going and doesn't want to know yet).

I wondered how the film would be subtitled. It didn't have the dancing ball that bounced over the words, which I had expected. Nor was it like karaoke. The subtitles just looked like any other subtitles in a foreign language film. Any possible thing that could be sung was subtitled, including "For He's a Jolly Good Fellow" after the race at Thunder Road.

My friends and I had a great time. If you like Grease I highly recommend going. It's only showing until June 3.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home