Thursday, March 11, 2004

Yeesh

I haven't watched many hockey games this year, mostly because I have been busy with school. I haven't been able to keep up the way I want.

I'm glad I watched tonight's Blackhawks-Devils game. After the second period, Blackhaws play-by-play man Pat Foley ripped into Alexander Karpotsev, who had recently been traded to the Islanders for basically nothing, which, in Foley's opinion (and mine, too) is exactly what he was worth. I have never heard a sportcaster go off on a player more. He said things along the lines of how he had been covering the Hawks for over 20 years and that no one was a bigger disgrace to the Blackhawks uniform. He was the worst teammate ever. He always had an excuse not to play. Good riddance. And the like. He went on for a long time.

I don't disagree, but it was just so odd to hear a play-by-play man go on and on about it. Usually you hear their assessment about a player's ability, their strengths and weaknesses; but you don't hear them go on that kind of rant about their personal feelings about that player. It was quite the rant. Very amusing.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home