Thursday, January 29, 2004

Being nice feels good

I went into the suburbs today to have breakfast with my dad and stepmom. I was supposed to go on Monday, but the weathermen were predicting sleet, and my dad didn't want me driving all that way. We rescheduled for today.

The other day I was on the phone with my grandma, and he mentioned how disappointed she was that I didn't come over on Monday. No one told her we rescheduled for today.

I met my dad and stepmom at their place of business, so my grandma didn't even know I was in town. After breakfast she wasn't home. On Thursdays she works with a craft group at her church, which happens to be next door to the house, so it's nice and easy for her to get there and socialize for a bit. So my dad took me over there after breakfast.

When I walked in she looked at me like she couldnt figure out who I was. I was the last person she expected to see there, so she thought, "That girl has hair like Andrea," but didn't entertain the notion that it might be me. She was very excited to see me. She introduced me to all the ladies there, and they offered me coffee and pastry (I was good and only had coffee). It just felt good to see my grandma smile when she saw it was me. I'm glad she was surprised.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home