Tuesday, May 27, 2003

Idiot

I had a real hard time falling asleep last night. The last time I looked at the clock it was about 1:30, and it was a while after that before I fell asleep.

At 6:00 this morning the phone rang. I get scared when the phone rings that early. Who would be calling me at 6? Did someone die? Is someone sick or hurt? What the hell?

The caller ID said the name of my building, which meant someone was in the vestibule ringing my apartment on the intercom to be let in. Who would be calling me from the lobby at 6 in the morning? I didn't answer it. If it was someone important, they would have left a message or hung up and tried again.

About this time I realize that I have the lobby channel on my television. There is a camera in the vestibule that I can see through closed circuit television. So I turn it on, and there's this dude just standing there. He is a college-aged guy with a big backpack. He's just standing by the door, as if he's waiting for someone to let him in. He never buzzed anyone else. He just stood there. Eventually he walked out of the building.

What the hell? What person randomly rings anyone at 6 in the morning? My thought was that maybe he was locked out or something. But if he was, why would he ring a random apartment? We have a 24-hour building manager. Why didn't he ring him? Moron.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home