Monday, October 22, 2007

Still on a live music high: Saturday

I actually had to pay for tickets to Saturday night's show. My boyfriend is a big UNKLE fan, so when I saw that tickets went on sale I bought them as an anniversary gift. I was very excited about my gift, and I wanted to tell him right away, but he wouldn't let me. I even waved the tickets in front of his face, but he didn't look at them. He made me wait until our anniversary to give him the tickets. I stayed up to midnight to give them to him right away. He was very excited because even though he's a fan, he managed to not see any of the press announcing that UNKLE was going to tour as a band.

It was destined to be a good night when we found cheap food and beer right next to the venue (how had I not been in this place before?), and while eating managed to see the Blackhawks come from behind to beat the Maple Leafs and see Boston get a grand slam home run on their way to beating the Indians. But I digress.

We got inside before the opening act (Martin Dosh) and managed to get a spot right up against the stage, though way off to the right side. I don't think my boyfriend had ever been that close for a show before.

I loved UNKLE's set so much that I want to get on a plane and go to the rest of their shows in this country. I could still go to Vegoose and get home in time to see Art Brut and the Hold Steady on Halloween! I can! But I have no money, so I won't. But yeah, I enjoyed it that much. I want to see UNKLE every week.

You can see a video from the show here. I didn't take this video, as I said, we were right up front. It's not the best quality, but it gives and idea of what the show was like.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home