Wednesday, September 26, 2007

What next?

Chicago Blackhawks owner Bill Wirtz passed away yesterday.

My condolences to his family and friends. I'm wondering what this means for the future of the Blackhawks. As much as I hate to say this today, I hope it means there will be some sort of improvement.

I felt really weird when I heard the news. I don't know if it's because he's always been there so it seems odd that he won't be, or if I'm just in a weird state of mind because a member of my own family passed away from cancer yesterday as well and, well, that's more important to me right now. So as much as I thought I would have a lot to say on this day, I really don't. Maybe next week or something.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sorry to hear about your family member, I have similar thougts about the passing of Mr. Wirtz as I've known two people that passed away last week. Not really thinking about sports right now.

But yes, it has to get better! Doesn't it?

3:34 PM  
Blogger redhairedgirl said...

Yes, I can't see that it could get any worse :)

10:33 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home