Friday, August 31, 2007

How many other cities smell like horse?

I got paid today, and I decided to take a walk to the bank during my lunch break in order to deposit my check.

The entire stretch of inner Lake Shore Drive from Chicago Ave. to where LSD curves smells like horse. The whole way, all I smelled was the smell of horse. It didn't go away. I sniffed myself to make sure I didn't smell like horse. It wasn't me. That whole several block stretch smelled like horse.

It took me a few minutes to walk it. Not once did I actually see a horse. I know that some of those horse drawn carriages go down that street sometimes, but do they go by there frequently enough for that whole stretch to smell like horse?

If I didn't see busy Lake Shore Drive, high rises, and Lake Michigan as I was walking I would have sworn I was on a farm.

3 Comments:

Blogger monkey said...

I just recently moved from an apartment building where we had no central air. Well, on particularly hot days, a woman on the first floor would open her door a bit for cross ventilation. And there would be this RIPE stench emanating from apartment. And for some odd reason, it smelled like she was housing a horse in there. Any time I'd walk by, it would take everything inside of me to not shout out "man, it smells like pony in here!" In my head, she was blind and had a guide pony, which is kind awesome. Does that make me weird?

11:16 PM  
Blogger redhairedgirl said...

No, I don't think so :)

8:34 AM  
Blogger Suburban prep said...

You always know when you are near the water tower.

4:58 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home