Thursday, August 09, 2007

Brew and View

Brew and View used to be one of my favorite places to see a movie. Tim and I would go on a Friday or Saturday night and see 3 films for $5. BTW, when did they stop showing 3 films on weekends?

We went fairly regularly, whenever a film we wanted to see in the theater but didn't showed up there along with another film we liked. We saw all three Lord of the Rings movies there (after seeing them in the theater too, of course) before they came out on DVD, just to see them on a big screen one more time.

Eventually we stopped going. Last night, on our way to Brew and View to see the Aqua Teen Hunger Force movie (we didn't stay for South Park because T had to be up at 5:00am) we talked about why we didn't go anymore. T figured that there must have been a run of a couple of months where we didn't like what was showing, and eventually we just stopped looking. Then I vaguely remembered that it seemed like they were showing Jackass for so long, and neither one of us had any desire to see it.

Obviously we went last night and had a blast. I think it was the first time I had ever been there on a weeknight, and that might be the way to go. There were people, but it was way less crowded than I remember it being the other times I went. It's just fun and cheap, and I'm going to make a point of going more often.

2 Comments:

Blogger Charleston Catholic / Clay Center Project said...

DUDE!!!! That is the best idea EVAR!!!!

10:13 PM  
Blogger redhairedgirl said...

I really need to go more often. The first time I went was maybe 10 years ago. Then a few years ago we went at least once a month. It's really fun. It's held in a general admission concert venue. There seems to be about one concert a week, so when they aren't having concerts they put up a movie screen and show movies. Sometimes they show sporting events or TV shows. I remember they used to show Survivor and stuff like that. I love it!

1:38 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home