Sunday, July 22, 2007

You just can't believe me/When I show you what you mean to me

On Friday night Tim and I sat down in front of his computer with one window open to the Lollapalooza schedule and another window open to this year's map. Our mission was to plot out who we wanted to see. Some of that involves making our way from one side to the other, stopping by 2 or 3 stages for a few songs per band along the way.

Before we sat down I thought our plan was pretty set, anyway. There were a couple of times where the above situation was going to occur, where there were a few bands playing at once that we wouldn't mind seeing, but don't prefer one over the other. There were other bands set in stone.

Going into our little session we were pretty set on seeing LCD Soundsystem. I like them. Tim likes them. We weren't familiar with Femi Kuti and the Positive Force. No brainer, right? Not so fast. As we were doing our plotting I played a podcast from NPR's All Songs Considered. It was Femi Kuti and the Positive Force live at the 9:30 Club. Now I'm familiar with them. I was quite impressed.

Crap! Who do I see now? I think for right now we're going to start by seeing Femi Kuti and the Positive Force, then midway through make our way over to LCD Soundsystem. That makes sense, since we want to see Daft Punk after that. But oh how I wish I could see full sets of both!

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Femi Kuti is pretty cool, but LCD is not to be missed!

4:07 PM  
Blogger redhairedgirl said...

I don't think Tim was keen on seeing Femi Kuti, so he will appreciate your comment!

4:12 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home