Wednesday, July 11, 2007

Converted?

After hearing several friends rave on and on about Stanley's, Tim and I decided to check it out on Saturday. We were happy with the produce selection, and even happier with the prices. Tim was happy to find some good-looking watercress and plantains.

Yesterday I read some reviews about Stanley's where people were complaining about the produce going bad quickly, and how some of it was bad already. There were also complaints about the quality of the produce. That was not our experience. We bought our produce on Saturday, and it's all still good. Nothing looked bad in the store, either. Is this a common problem? Were we just lucky? Also, the quality of the produce we bought was equal to or better than the quality of the produce we get at Dominick's.

Stanley's is rather far away from where we live, thus it's not a place we would go to on a weekly basis. But it might be a place we check out once every few weeks to see what's fresh and on sale.

Onto a completely unrelated topic: The weather. It's been scorching hot here the past couple of days, so today's cool down makes me a very happy girl. Do you know what would be awesome? If the weather during Lollapalooza is the same weather we have today. Oh, how great would that be?

2 Comments:

Blogger Fargo said...

For years, a lot of my friends have been happy with quality and prices of Stanley's produce. My guess would be that your friends just had a bit of bad luck.

I've usually had decent luck with Rogers Park Fruit Market. Too bad Morelia is gone. I liked their produce, too.

12:29 PM  
Blogger redhairedgirl said...

I've never tried Rogers Park Fruit Market. I always forget it's there! I'll have to check it out.

I recently saw there's a produce store in Edgewater, on Clark I think, near where Clark and Ashland split apart? I wonder how it is.

12:33 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home