Saturday, June 23, 2007

Chicago Blackhawks draft party

It's much more fun watching the NHL entry draft surrounded by people who actually care than watching it by myself or with my indifferent boyfriend.

Last night my friend Angela and I went to the United Center for the Blackhawks draft party. The broadcasting team, as well as Denis Savard, Mark Hardy, and Jack Skille were there. The entry draft was shown on the Jumbotron. There were interviews via satellite with their first pick, Patrick Kane, and Dale Tallon.

I wonder if they will do this every year, or if this year was special because the Blackhawks had the first pick.

See, this is bad. Stuff like this gets me excited for a hockey season that's still several months away. It raises my hopes, which are ultimately dashed within the first two months of that season. Oh well, I'm a Blackhawks and Cubs fan, I'm used to disappointment.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I was a season ticket holder up until about 1998, and I'll only go back now with free tickets. When the Wirtz family is gone I'll think about being a fan again, not until then. And I don't have to worry about the team being good 'cause that won't ever happen again with this ownership. The entire league laughs at them!

3:31 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home