Thursday, June 28, 2007

Disaster strikes

I never, ever leave home without my iPod. I must have music with me at all times. It allows me to be in my own little world. To block things out. Such as annoying people on the train.

Today, I left my iPod at home, and I didn't realize it until I was on the L platform. If I hadn't already paid my fare I would have turned around and gone home to get it. But, alas, I was on the platform, and the little announcement which says, "Attention customers, and inbound train, toward the Loop, will be arriving shortly," was playing, so I had to stay.

At first it wasn't too bad. I live toward the end of the line, so there aren't many people on the train yet. And to be fair, there weren't a whole lot of annoying people I needed to block out on my trip to work.

Except for one. I had one of the single seats at the back of the car, the ones that face the aisle. The dude sitting across from me not only had his headphones on and the volume jacked way up (making me insanely jealous as I had no musical accompaniment for my trip downtown), but to rub his music in my face he was playing air guitar. It would have been much easier to ignore him if I would have had my own music. But no.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home