Tuesday, July 17, 2007

ole, ole ole ole

After an unusually long drought, I finally went to see live music tonight. Maxïmo Park was worth the wait. To the left see the one crappy camera phone photo I took. How cool is the beginning of "Our Velocity" live? Very cool.

It's been several years since I've been to the Double Door, so I must ask: Is it always that hot in there? Holy crap I thought I was going to melt before Maxïmo Park took to the stage!

Switching gears, something bad must have happened near my apartment. As my cab was pulling over to drop me off I heard many sirens. I saw a fire truck and two police cars, and I was constantly hearing sirens for a good 20 minutes after getting inside. And no, it wasn't from the concert.

Edit: This explains the sirens.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love that band and have been dying to see them, but with 20 hours at Pitchfork that was not going to happen as I was sleeping by about 9 on Monday night. Yes, it's always hot and smokey too, not my favorite venue, but I go when I have to .

1:13 PM  
Blogger redhairedgirl said...

The friend I went to see Maximo Park with also went to Pitchfork, and I thought she was going to drop by the end of the show. She was wiped.

If the Double Door is always that hot, I think from now on it will fall into the venue category "Only go there when I absolutely have to see that artist or I will die!" Another venue in that category is whatever the place in Tinley Park is called now.

3:06 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I've tried the after-parties etc and when you are seeing 8 hours of music plus bike rides, enough is enough. What I need is a bar with AC and some french fries! DD gets hot and very smoky, but they do get some really good acts.

1:19 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home