Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Dude. It's bad.

The Kennedy while snowing

This is what the Kennedy Expressway looks like in the snow.

When I went out for lunch, it was lightly snowing. It was a serene snow, peaceful, light and quiet.

When I left work for the night, it was a horrible driving snow that stung my face.

Why is it that, no matter which direction I walk down on my wind tunnel of a street, that the snow is always blowing in my face? It never fails.

The stairs down to the Lake Red Line station were horribly slick. The platform was almost as full as the Addison stop after a Cubs game. Two trains had to arrive before I could finally get on one. Luckily the train ran normally on my way home.

All I could think about was when I commuted to Schaumburg every day. If I worked out there today I probably wouldn't be home yet.

1 Comments:

Blogger Thomas said...

Yikes, that kind of traffic is nothin' to sneeze at.

10:17 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home