Tuesday, October 28, 2008

I gotta go to this every year!

We have finally seen all of our Chicago International Film Festival films. I have to say it was an amazing experience.

First and foremost, it was great to have the chance to see films we might not otherwise get to see. I have no idea how many of the films shown will get a regular theater release in the United States. Three of the films we saw were foreign, and who's to say we would get another chance to see them on the big screen. One was so new that it didn't even have a print with English subtitles yet. There were German subtitles, with an English translation projected onto the top of the screen.

My favorite part, though, was that there were Q and A sessions after two of the films we went to see. One included a writer, the other the director. We got to learn so much more about each film, decisions that were made in the process, inspiration, etc.

We have decided we are going to renew our membership next year. I can't believe I never went to this festival before. Now I plan on going every year.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home