Sunday, November 16, 2008

Let it snow

I don't know about anyone else, but I was happy to see the snow flying around earlier this evening. Ever since I quit driving to work a few years ago I rarely mind a good snow shower, especially if the snow doesn't stick.

The first snowfall, more more specifically the first time the snow sticks, is so beautiful to me. Clean piles of snow. Beautiful icicles. Large stretches of white on the grass.

Then, after the snow has been around a while, it turns ugly. Those beautiful blankets of what become full of footprints, resembling the moon's surface. The white snow on streets and sidewalks change from pure white to gray or brown (or sometimes yellow). Gray skies make the lake water look brown.

Perhaps that's why I like the beginning of winter. It hasn't become ugly yet.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home