Wednesday, November 11, 2009

The House of the Devil

We went to the 45th Annual Chicago International Film Festival last month. I planned to write a long post about the films we saw, but I never got around to it and now it just seems like it was too long ago for something like that. However, one of the films we saw is opening in Chicago on Friday, so that gives me an excuse to talk about one of the films I saw.

The House of the Devil is the sort of horror movie I like. It isn't about showing as much blood or violence as possible, though there is some of both. It's a throwback to the horror films I used to like when I was younger. It takes place during the Satanic Panic of the early '80s. I was sitting closer and closer to the edge of my seat as the film went on, which doesn't often happen when I watch horror films. I'm not going to get too detailed about the plot because I'm sure there are plenty of sites that have done that already. Just know I had a lot of fun watching it. It will be at the Music Box on Friday.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home