Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Crocodiles and The Horrors, DoubleDoor, 10/11/09

Crocodiles

Crocodiles

Crocodiles

It's always a nice bonus when I buy tickets to see a band I really like, and I know and like the opening act as well.

Crocodiles

Prior to the show Sunday night, I had listened to the Crocodiles album twice, and I liked what I heard.

Crocodiles

I really enjoyed their set. It was very, I don't know, "me". I'm sorry, that's the best I got.

Crocodiles

The Horrors

The Horrors

I had seen The Horrors once before, a few months ago when they opened for The Kills.

The Horrors

Although I thought they were great then, I was a bit disappointed by the set because it had no songs from their first album. I love both albums, and I don't necessarily think one is better than the other. While I was working on writing and defending my dissertation there were several songs on the first album that really helped me get through the process, particularly "Gloves".

The Horrors

I was hoping that, during a full set as a headliner, they would play some songs from the first album. So, I have to admit, I was a bit disappointed when I looked at the set list on the stage (one of which I took home) and again there were no songs from the first album on it. There was no apparent encore on the set list, so I held out hope that it wasn't complete.

The Horrors

Sure enough, they played a few songs off the first album during the encore, with "Gloves" closing out the set. I was very happy!

The Horrors

By the way, the set list said "St. Paul, MN" on it, which was crossed out with marker. Oops!

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

At first glance I fell in love.The strappy design and minimal appearance of Abercrombie Fitch are classy.But that sculptured heel, with its understated approachVibram Five fingersand what looks like a little animal paw, I was unsure how I felt.Then I discovered there are similar versions with other types of Dolce & Gabbana, possibly a zoo of choices

4:07 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home