Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Horrible incident

As I was on my way home from work yesterday, the train conductor announced that our train wouldn't be stopping at Argyle because of a horrible incident. Those were the words he used, "horrible incident". The train was going to go from Lawrence to Berwyn.

I thought the woman sitting in front of me was going to explode. She let out a long, exasperated sigh, and then shook her head angrily for at least the next 30 seconds. Apparently Argyle is her stop, and she seemed very put out at the inconvenience of having to get off the train at Lawrence or Berwyn and walking.

Seriously? At the time I didn't know what happened, but I was pretty sure a life had been lost. And I've walked between Lawrence and Argyle enough times to know that it really isn't far. Eventually she stopped shaking her head, but I think she started up again when the train got closer to Lawrence and she was getting ready to exit the train.

I'm not the most positive person on earth. But I would like to think that if 10 minutes of walking was added to my commute because of a horrible incident, I wouldn't be nearly as huffy as this woman was. I'm glad I don't live in her head. What have we come to, when we get that exasperated over something like that?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home