Saturday, July 12, 2008

Less than 3 weeks!!!

I'm well over the disappointment at not being able to get to Lollapalooza until late Friday afternoon or early Friday evening because I won't have the day off work. There are a few bands I want to see during that time, but I got into the habit of looking at the schedule from 5:30 and later on Friday, and just ignoring what is below it. It stung a bit this morning when, in order to decide who he wants to see on Friday, my boyfriend asked me to play a few albums I have of some of the bands I won't be able to see. *sigh* Oh well.

The schedule for Sunday has been driving me nuts. So many conflicts!!! As of this afternoon, though, it got a bit easier. We bought tickets to Friday night's after show at the House of Blues. The Blakes and The Whigs. I will definitely get to see The Weakerthans now!!

2 Comments:

Blogger Me said...

I'm actually going to Lolla!

There are so many bands I've never heard of! Do you have any recommendations?

11:35 PM  
Blogger redhairedgirl said...

Wow! I like a lot of bands that will be there. Is there any particular type of music you really like or really dislike? That might help me make recommendations. I'm really excited to see Bloc Party again. I really wish I were seeing The Kills, Black Lips, or Louis XIV, but I will be at work. But yeah, if you give me an idea of what you like best it would be easier for me to recommend something. I've seen Lupe Fiasco and Gnarls Barkley before, and they're great. For parts of Saturday and nearly all of Sunday I have huge conflicts, two or three bands I want to see at once. I don't know who I will pick yet, so it's hard for me to recommend them :)

5:59 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home