Saturday, May 03, 2008

Did you get your free comic today?

In case you weren't aware, today is Free Comic Book Day. To be honest, I don't think we would have known about it if it weren't for a flier left on my car by a local comic book store. That store happens to be Evil Squirrel Comics. We went down there this afternoon to get our free comic books.

I've been past this shop a few times, but I've never gone in. I don't think my boyfriend had either, which is surprising given how much he loves comics. I thought he would have checked out a neighborhood comic book shop right away. The staff was friendly and helpful. Toufic El Rassi was there signing copies of Arab In America, so I bought a copy and got it signed. I can't wait to read it. This is the sort of comic I like. I said as much to the man behind the register, and he gave me a bunch of recommendations. We figure we will be back in this store many, many times.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home