Monday, April 28, 2008

Chicago weather is crazy

On my way home from work tonight I was stopped at a light on the corner of Chicago Ave. and Michigan Ave. I was on the east side of the street. There was a bit of a breeze, but it's wasn't extremely windy, at least not on the east side of the street. As I was waiting for the walk signal I noticed that the wind looked to be blowing significantly harder on the west side of the street. The people waiting for the light over there were struggling with their umbrellas. Their pants were wilding waving in the wind. I checked the wind on my side of the street. Was it really that much winder on the other side of the street? Sure enough, I didn't really feel any wind. I started walking across the street, and as I hit the yellow line the wind picked up. By the time I got over to the west side of the street I was feeling near-gale force winds. Yes, in Chicago it can be calm on one side of the street and wild on the other side of the street.

I love you, Chicago, but sometimes I don't love your weather.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home