Wednesday, January 05, 2005

Let it snow

A couple of years ago I would be stressing right now, provided I was awake. My biggest fear when I was commuting out to Schaumburg every day was that there would be a snow storm on my way to or from work. One of the best things about my commute now is that I can take the train, which isn't nearly as affected by snow as the roadways are.

Right now there doesn't seem to be too much snow on the ground. Maybe a couple of inches. But the morning rush doesn't start for another few hours, and The Weather Channel is predicting the "wintry mix" for that time of the morning.


Aahhh, the dreaded wintry mix. I don't think any words, outside of "blizzard" or "ice storm" freaked me out as much as "wintry mix" when I had to drive 25 miles to work every day. Now I say, "Bring it on, I'll make it to work anyway."

I have actually started to like snow more. Before I started the commute from hell I used to like snow. I even played in it sometimes. Then the thought of having to drive in it came, and I didn't like it so much. Now snow is cool again.

The only thing bothering me about the snow right now was that I wanted to do some shopping during my lunch break tomorrow at work, and if there's a wintry mix I don't think I'm going to want to be outside walking. Oh well. I need those shoes!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home