Monday, April 15, 2002

I had a horrible dream last night. I worked as a nanny/housekeeper sort of thing for a friend of mine who has a daughter who is like 9 or 10. It was my responsibility to make sure she got to school on time and stuff like that. So one day, as I was taking her and one of her friends to school, she asked if she could drive. For some odd reason I let her. She drove very well, like she had been driving for years. As we came over a bridge (for those who might be familiar with where I grew up, it's the bridge over the Des Plaines River, going from Riverside into Lyons) there were about 10 squad cars blocking the road. There was nowhere for us to go except into the roadblock. The young girl stopped the car and a policeman came over. I knew him (I don't know him in real life but in the dream I did). He asked why I let a young girl like that drive. I muttered some lame excuse. He said he would not give me a ticket if I helped the police officers out. They were waiting to catch a criminal. They knew he was going to come by soon. (I think I have been watching too much Cowboy Bebop). Anyway, this criminal guy had a girl (I don't remember if it was his wife, daughter, girlfriend, whatever) who had died, and he was keeping the body as if it was still alive. Think of Norman Bates and his mom. He also was bombing buildings. He has managed to elude police up to this point. He always managed to get away whenever officers came near. The person who was supposed to approach the man on this day was an undercover officer, who for some reason couldn't do it. So they asked me. I just told the officer to give me the ticket, I didn't want any part of this. But somehow he convinced me.

The criminal guy was coming. He looked exactly like the guy who raped Donna on 90210. I approached him. I did it casually. I don't remember how exactly I approached him, but at some point I was holding a picture that had him and a family, and I was telling him what a beautiful family was in the picture. I was totally scared. Then the cops started coming towards us and the guy started going nuts. I started running away down the street since I didn't know what was going to happen and I was scared. Then I heard a big boom and saw gravel flying. I ducked against the wall of a restaurnat (PJ Klem's for those who are wondering). Evidently the guy had explosives hidden under his clothing. He detonated himself when the police touched him. He was killed, along with several police officers. I had some scratches and bruising from debris that hit me, but I was okay. I woke up a bit after that, after the story hit the papers and no one believed I was the person who approached him since they didn't mention me in the article.

I had a hard time falling back to sleep after that.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home