Sunday, March 01, 2009

It's been a long time

On many levels. I haven't posted here in forever. I want to post more regularly, but I've really had nothing interesting to say or show lately.

On another level, last night I went to my first concert since September. That is a long time for me. My how I missed live music. How did I go that long without a show? That won't be the case for the next few months. I'm still thinking about going to see the Handsome Furs this month, and next month so far I have Coachella and Franz Ferdinand (who will also be at Coachella).

Last night we went to Schubas for Airborne Toxic Event's first show of two. It was the all ages show, so I expected to be one of the oldest people there. That was not the case. It seemed as if almost everyone was 21+ and bought a ticket to the early show because the late show was sold out, just like me. I expected to see many more high school aged kids, but that wasn't the case.

Henry Clay People

The opening act was a band called Henry Clay People. I had never heard of them before. I visited their Myspace page early in the day yesterday, and while I didn't have time to really listen to any of the songs, I figured I would like them when I saw a picture of a pug on their page. Yes, I'm that shallow sometimes. They were a lot of fun. I'm not really sure who I would compare them to, so I guess I'm not really informative that way. But they were good.

The Airborne Toxic Event

I really enjoyed Airborne Toxic Event's set. If I recall correctly they played their whole album, plus a cover of "Goodbye Horses" by Q. Lazzarus. You know, from The Silence of the Lambs? That song? Yeah. I squeed!!! I love that song. Looking around the room, it didn't appear that many people knew the song. That's too bad. Their cover rocked.

The Airborne Toxic Event

Last night's concert puts a new wrinkle into how I'm going to determine who I watch at Coachella. The actual performance schedule hasn't been released yet. I was hoping that I would see this show, enjoy it, but then feel free to see whatever other band would be playing at the same time as Airborne Toxic Event at Coachella. I didn't just like their set, I loved it. So now I'm going to have a hard time skipping them to see someone else. I thought this would make it easier! Oh well!

You can see the rest of the photos from the show here. I wasn't very close to the front, so they aren't fantastic. You can hear the original version of "Goodbye Horses" here.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home