Tuesday, April 03, 2007

The rare music post


I haven't posted much about music lately, which is weird given how important music is to me.

Lollapalooza tickets went on sale today, 9 days before the lineup is announced. Because of this, tickets are $30 cheaper than they will be otherwise, and there are no service fees. Score! I got my tickets, did you? Well, one band has been announced. After weeks of rumors, Pearl Jam announced on their website yesterday that they indeed will be the headliner this year.

I love Pearl Jam. I do. But I must say that I was sort of hoping that The Smashing Pumpkins were going to be headlining, or at least in the lineup. Instead, they will be playing at the Virgin Festival in Baltimore that weekend.

I don't want to get into how festivals are booked or anything like that. My disappointment goes beyond Lollapalooza. As a Smashing Pumpkins fan and a Chicago resident, I'm a bit dissapointed that the Smashing Pumpkins have a bunch of dates scheduled, and that none of them are in Chicago. I'm sure one of these days a Chicago date will be announced. At least I hope. Perhaps I'm a bit impatient, but I want one now!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home