Friday, October 06, 2006

Fall is here, hear the yell, back to school, ring the bell

Aaah autumn, my favorite time of year. Here's why:

1. The weather. The crisp air. The cooler temperatures. Which leads to number two.

2. The wardrobe. I can wear my new sweaters without them being covered by a gigantic winter coat. Cute fall jackets.

3. The food. Beautiful apples. Pumpkin everything. I love pumpkin. Not only are the flavors terrific, but also the scents. I just bought three new candles: pumpkin, apple, and pear. It's really a spiced pear, so it has that awesome autumn smell, not summer like regular pear.

4. The sports. Baseball playoffs. The start of the hockey season. I ordered the NHL Center Ice package today. And, for the first time ever, I have a hockey ticket package. It's just a small one, eight games, but it makes me happy.

5. The colors. Rust. Gold. Yellow. In the trees. In the flowers. In the clothing.

Church gate

I love this time of year. It's the time I feel the most energized. The most alive.

2 Comments:

Blogger greatwhitebear said...

terrific photo

7:59 PM  
Blogger redhairedgirl said...

Thank you! I took it about a year ago in Hordon-on-the-Hill, England.

8:20 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home