You know you're from Chicago when...
1. The "living room" is called the "front room" (pronounced front-troom).
2. You don't pronounce the "s" at the end of Illinois. You become irate at people who do.
3. You measure distance in minutes, especially from the city, and you swear that everything is pretty much 15 minutes away.
4. You have no trouble spelling or prounouncing "Des Plaines".
5. Your school classes were cancelled due to cold.
6. Your school classes were cancelled due to heat.
7. You've ever had to switch from Heat to A/C in the same day.
8. Stores don't have sacks, they have bags.
9. You end your sentences with an unnecessary preposition: Where's my coat at? or If you go to the mall I want to go with.
10. Your idea of a good tenderloin is when the meat is twice as big as the bun, "everything" is on it, and a slice of dill pickle is on the side.
11. You carry jumper cables in your car.
12. You drink "pop"
13. You understand that I-290, I-90, I-94, and I-294 are all different roads.
14. You know the names of the interstates: Stevenson, Kennedy, Eisenhower, Dan Ryan, Edens. But you call the interstates expressways.
15. You refer to anything south of I-80 as "Southern Illinois".
16. You refer to lake Michigan as "the Lake".
17. You refer to Chicago as "The City".
18. The "Super Bowl" refers to one specific game in a series of 36 played in January of 1986.
19. No matter where you are, when you hear the word "downtown" you immediately assume they're talking about Downtown Chicago.
20. You have two favorite football teams: the Bears and anyone who beats the Packers.
21. You buy "the Trib".
22. You think 35 degrees is great weather to wash your car.
23. You know what goes on a Chicago style hot dog.
24. You know what Chicago style Pizza REALLY is.
25. You know why they call Chicago the "windy city".
26. You understand what "Lake effect" means.
27. You know the difference between Amtrak and Metra, and know which station they end up at.
28. You have ridden the "L".
29. You can distinguish between the following area codes: 847, 630, 773, 708, 312, and 815.
30. You have at some time in your life, used your furniture to guard your parking spot in winter (CHICAGO CLASSIC).
31. You respond to the question "where are you from?" with a side: West Side, North Side, South Side.
32. You know the number to "Empire Carpets".